Our mission is to strengthen the capacity of West Virginia farmers markets and positively impact the communities they serve by providing education, advocacy, and access to healthy, locally grown food
We envision a community where West Virginia farmers markets provide healthy, local food, economic opportunities for producers and serve as a vibrant gathering place for all residents.
- Providing meaningful services and value for our member markets and their vendors
- Building the capacity of WV Farmers Markets through education, networking and collaboration
- Promoting diverse partnerships, collaboration and communication
- Providing growth opportunities and economic benefit for local food and farm related business
- Improving food security and health outcome
- Being a vibrant part of the community
Benefits to Our Members
- Discounts for services and conferences sponsored by the WV Farmers Market Association
- First priority for mini-grant opportunities
- Access to knowledgeable staff and board members for advice, information and one-on-one coaching
- Guide the direction of the local food movement by electing and nominating community members to serve on the WVFMA board of directors
- Monthly Peer Network Meetings
- Click Here for WVFMA Member Opportunities – Spring 2022
- And much more!
Two poultry trailers are available for rent located in Charleston and Keyser.
Localized Information Exchange Program 2020 Report – Full Report