- Completed the 2021 WV Farmers Market Annual Census (or new in 2022); and
- Member of the Association (optional, but preferred)
Opportunity 1: FARMacy Programs in Eight Counties
Overview: This program provides resources and technical assistance to eight communities in West Virginia to support expansion and ongoing program development. Funding from this project supports farmers and program implementation costs. This opportunity is open to individuals and farmers markets in and around Barbour, Grant, Hardy, Lincoln, Upshur, Cabell, Tyler, and Greenbrier counties in West Virginia. If you are interested in participating in this program as either a farmers market or producer, please contact us as soon as possible. Stakeholder meetings are being scheduled as of March 1, 2022. Funding for this opportunity is provided by our partners at the WV Department of Health and Human Resources to address health disparities related to COVID-19.
- Complete 2022 WV Farmers Market Census;
- Attend in-person and virtual training events and monthly peer network meetings as required; and
- Record and report data metrics from sales and customer count during the market season on a regular basis to WVFMA staff.
Opportunity 2: Power of Produce – Mini Grant Fund
Overview: Apply for this opportunity by May 1, 2022. This fund provides $1,000 mini grants to support farmers markets as they start Power of Produce (PoP) Clubs for youth ages 5 to 12. These programs encourage youth and families to regularly attend farmers markets, engage with the farmers who grow their food, eat more local healthy food, and support fun educational opportunities. Funding for this opportunity has been provided by our partners at Save the Children WV. Check out our toolkit by clicking here for more information. Limited funding is available.
- Complete 2022 WV Farmers Market Census; and
- Report periodically to WVFMA staff about the program implementation.
Opportunity 3: Hand Washing Stations
Overview: The WVFMA will order eight portable hand washing stations from PolyJohn. These will be distributed on a first to apply basis. All members and non-members are eligible, unless your farmers market has already received this support in 2021. Funding for this opportunity is provided in part by the Claude Worthington Benedum Foundation and donations from people like you.
- Complete 2022 WV Farmers Market Census.