Project Coordinator – Temporary (Grant Funded)
Work Location: Remote or Charleston, WV
Salary: $10/hr for approximately 13 hours per week
Reports to: Development Manager
Open Until Filled
Description: Part-time non-exempt entry level personnel with 0-1 year of experience in marketing, business development, and/or agriculture. This is a grant-funded position for up to 30 weeks. Although the grant is expected to end in 2021, the hope is that additional funding will be obtained to extend employment, salary and benefits.
Position: Seeking 13 hours per week of part-time support personnel to build the capacity of the WV Farmers Market Association (WVFMA) by developing and implementing a flexible Rapid Market Assessment model for at least ten farmers markets in West Virginia and developing an aligned framework for a Rapid Producer Assessment.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Adapt or develop a flexible Rapid Market Assessment (based on existing models) to be utilized by the WV Farmers Market Association to improve the resilience and sustainability of farmers markets and agriculture businesses;
- Generate and maintain a database of resources available to farmers which can be utilized and distributed by the WV Farmers Market Association;
- Create a training protocol or workflow to ensure producers are aware of the database and that the WVFMA is responsive to inquiries regarding the database;
- Organize, and deploy digital marketing campaigns through online platforms;
- Engage with program participants to understand and identify gaps in resources available through the online database;
- Provide support to farmers and program participants to ensure they are prepared to collect and report accurate data metrics for the 2021 Farmers Market Census; and
- Generate monthly reports of online platform traffic and member engagement.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel or Google equivalent. Applicable knowledge of cloud based storage systems like Google Drive and/or Dropbox.
Applicable knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, Contact Management Software, and/or other pertinent marketing software.
Education and Experience Required:
Proficient communication skills
Proficient writing skills
Ability to work independently and carry out assignments on-time
High school diploma or GED
Education and Experience Recommended:
Some college courses with an emphasis in marketing or business development
Other Requirements: Must have reliable and secure internet access.
To Apply: Send resume with three references to email@example.com.
The WV Farmers Market Association (WVFMA) abides by US and WV laws in place to protect employees and applicants. All employees and applicants will be offered equal opportunity and will not be discriminated against or treated unfairly based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetic information.