Here is short list of resources for Farmers and Farmers Markets to better assist with finding funding.
Funding Calendars and Listings
- https://attra.ncat.org/calendar/funding.php The National Sustainable Agriculture Information Service has a calendar for funding opportunities for agricultural-related grants. These range from specialty crop grants, to advertising and marketing grants for small business owners, to funding for training programs.
- http://www.grants.gov/ A system that provides a centralized location for grant seekers to find and apply for federal funding opportunities. You can browse by federal grant category and key words.
- http://philanthropynewsdigest.org/rfps/ PND organizes RFPs by category, due date, and sometimes location. They publish weekly email newsletters in order to notify subscribers when new funding opportunities arise. PND is a very useful resource for finding national grants.
- http://www.thecne.org/news/featured-grants The Center for Non-Profit Excellence publishes three new funding opportunities a month to a large list of grants and funding opportunities.
- http://www.raconline.org/states/west-virginia/funding The Rural Assistance Center does a wonderful job of keeping an up-to-date list for targeted funding opportunities for our state.
- http://trythiswv.com/?p=3199 Try This WV has an amazing guide to funding your community project authored by a local WV funder.
- http://wvfarmers.org/subscribe/ West Virginia Farmers Market Association newsletter subscribers receive not only information about funding, but various other useful information.
- WV-USDA “Publications, Tool, Learning and Funding” newsletter. Contact Lisa.Sharp@wv.usda.gov and ask her to add you to the list. Lisa Sharp works with Rural Development in Morgantown, and this is an incredibly useful newsletter to subscribe to.
- http://farmersmarketcoalition.org/education/newsletter/ The Farmers Market Coalition shares, and sometimes directly offers farmers market funding opportunities.