Our mission is to strengthen the capacity of West Virginia farmers markets and positively impact the communities they serve by providing education, advocacy, and access to healthy, locally grown food
We envision a community where West Virginia farmers markets provide healthy, local food, economic opportunities for producers and serve as a vibrant gathering place for all residents.
- Providing meaningful services and value for our member markets and their vendors
- Building the capacity of WV Farmers Markets through education, networking and collaboration
- Promoting diverse partnerships, collaboration and communication
- Providing growth opportunities and economic benefit for local food and farm related business
- Improving food security and health outcome
- Being a vibrant part of the community
Benefits to Our Members
Member markets receive our monthly newsletter, get discounts for training opportunities and conferences sponsored by the WVFMA, access to grant opportunities, have access to knowledgable staff and board members for advice and information, have voting privileges in electing WVFMA board members and a voice in farmers market policy in West Virginia!
The Mini Market Hub Project (Coming Soon)